Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Where To Sell Jewelry

If you're try to get a good price for your old or unwanted jewelry, you may quickly discover that it won't sell for as much as you may have hoped. It seems that the prized possesions we once paid hundreds and even thousands of dollars for are know going on ebay for often less than half of their original sales price.

Today I went to a local jewelry shop in my town. I brought all the jewelry I wished to sell and let the owner take a look at it. Most of it was passed down to me after my grandmother died, however some of it was given to me over the years. I ended up selling a 14 carat gold charm braclette, with some charms included for $350. That seems like a pretty darn good deal to me!

I'm still left with a few key peices, that the jewlery store owner said they couldn't afford to buy. A .25 carat diamond engament ring, a silver gemstone bracellet, and a few random item like jade pendants. I plan to put the ring up for sale on craigslist. There are no listing fees and it's all local buyer so I feel like that's my best bet. I'm unsure of where to sell the rest right now, but I'll let you know how much I make!

No comments: