Friday, January 5, 2007

Jim Cramer's Mad Money

Over the months I’ve become an avid follower of Jim Cramer’s “Mad Money.” It’s a show on CNBC dedicated to informing the individual investor. By informing, I do not mean Cramer spends an hour dishing out his hot stock picks. No, the aim on this hour of primetime is to teach you how to invest; I also might add that it’s very entertaining! If you're in debt you have to make the most of what you're saving. Investing is a great way to do that.

Cramer is constantly stressing the need to do your homework; research the stock, research the company. If there’s anything I’ve learned in my mere months of investing is that you won’t get far on luck! I know a lot of people are wondering where to do research and what they need to look at?

I find it difficult to stomach too much new information at once. That’s why, I’m offering you a little bit of information at a time. Tonight, I’d like to share some tips about what to look at when buying stock in certain sectors. The data and reports that matter in one sector do not necessarily matter in another.
If you’re trading or investing in the Hotel business: “Average Revenue Per Room”
If you’re trading or investing in Retail and Restaurants: “Same Store Sales”
If you’re trading or investing in Banks: “Net Interest Margin”
If you’re trading or investing in Tech: “Best Gross Margins”

BOO YA! JIM CRAMER! Catch his show on cnbc at 6pm, 9pm or midnight.

No comments: